Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tagged... by Rach

Ok - This is just for you Rach, because I love you so much. I really am not very good at thinking of these things.

TEN YEARS AGO…
I was 19 and finishing up my last semester at Ricks College. That year tops as one of my favorite in college. There, I met some of the greatest people who are still dear to me. We had some great snowball fights, ate lots of cookie dough, and Titanic was one of the favorite movies. We paid for six people to get in to see Hercules only with change that we found in cars and couch cushions and took in a pitcher of koolaid, half gallon of icecream, some dinner and enough spoons for everyone to eat.
I was working at Piece Goods Craft Store and just purchased my first sewing machine, which has just in the last year or so finally been put to use. I was in the process of buying my first car - which I still own and drive (mostly Josh drives) I bought it for $3,700 with 85,000 miles. We are within 100 miles of hitting 200,000. We love this car, only because we have got more than our money's worth out of it.

FIVE THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST TODAY…
1. Laundry - always on my list. It gets quite tedious.
2. Spend some extra quality time with Adam -he has a terrible head cold, cough and a double ear infection. He is wanting some undivided attention and extra loves from mom today. He is napping right now - the only time I can catch up on my blog.
3. Piano lessons - as little interruptions as possible. My babysitter is in Utah for a funeral and with Adam not feeling well, I hesitate to take him to a friends house. We'll see how this goes.
4. Update my blog - check friends blogs.
5. Finish three scrapbook pages, also while Adam is sleeping.

THINGS I ENJOY…
Spending time with my hubby and adorable and mischievious 1 year old, reading, scrapbooking, walks - preferablly in warmer weather than we are currently having, camping, board games, card games, Italian food, chocolate, cooking - only after I can figure out what it is to cook, working in my yard, my calling with Activity Day girls, going to the temple, country music, big fluffy snowflakes, smell of home made bread, socializing with friends and family, and talking into the late hours of the night.


THREE BAD HABITS…
1. Hitting the snooze button several times each day.
2. Not putting CD's back in their cases.
3. Leaving lights on all over the house - I hate dim lighting.

FIVE PLACES I’VE LIVED…
1. Mendon, UT
2. Sugar City, ID
3. Taichung, Taiwan
4. Ogden, UT
5. Idaho Falls, ID

FIVE JOBS I’VE HAD:
1. On a potato digger during high school spud harvest - extremely dirty and monotonous.
2. Piece Goods Craft Store
3. Secretary and office manager for J.A.G. Exam services
4. Elementary School Teacher - 5th and 3rd grade, and also in Taiwan
5. House wife and mom - most rewarding

FIVE THINGS PEOPLE DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME…
This is a hard one.
1. I enjoy woodworking, due to lack of tools, I have not made any projects for quite some time.
2. I hate to sleep with socks on- no matter how cold it is. Instead I warm them up by putting them on Josh's warm feet - He loves this!!
3. I am the world's worst artist - I can't even draw decent stick figures.
4. I am very self concious of my singing and only sing in groups - I don't even sing in the shower. This is something I have been trying to work on. Occasionly I will sing in the car with the radio. However, I have done quite well to sing songs with Adam, but he doesn't care if I am on tune or not.
5. I love math.

FIVE PEOPLE I AM TAGGING…
I think that Rachel an Marisa are the only two who have their own blogs that read mine. So.... Maris you are tagged. Anyone else who is reading this and has a blog.


3 comments:

Rachel Mai said...

Thanks for playing along. You lived in Mendon? I love it here in Cache!

Dalling Family said...

Nice Jill, FYI- I check your blog too but am not great at commenting. Just started a blog for our little family... www.mkdallingfamily.blogspot.com ...if you want to check it out. I'm sure I will talk to ya soon!

Amanda said...

hey jill I didn't know you started a blog until I went to the paisley barn blog and got your address off there! cool i am excited that you have one! our address is jahorsley.blogspot.com