Friday, August 22, 2008

Trips, Surgeries, and Visits with Old Friends

It has been a super busy couple of weeks. One of which, we were without internet, so there is a lot of catching up to do.

Trip to Denver
Last week Josh, Adam and I rode with my parents and Katie and Marc to Denver for my brother's graduation. Katie and I are both expecting. You can only imagine what a 10 hour van trip is like with two expecting mothers and a 2 year old. We did pretty well. Adam traveled much better than I expected. Hardly any fussing in the car. He was so good. It did help to have two others in the back seat with him the whole way to help keep him entertained. And I just have to say that portable DVD players are an amazing invention. However I feel like a spent four days in the car and one in Denver - which is close to what we did. We took two days to drive each way. It was good to see Jaren, Mitzi and the girls. Congratulations to Jaren on earning his masters degree and all the hard work that goes with it.

While we were in Denver we were able to meet up with my friend Misty and her family. We became good friends during our time at Weber State University together. It was so fun to see her again and "catch" up. The last time we saw each other was at Josh and my wedding. - Way too long to not see each other. I only wish that we could have had more time together. It was so fun to rekindle a friendship. The picture with our families isn't too great - I must of put the camera on some wierd setting for night or something. I was freezing when we took these pictures it was raining and cold. I was shivering most of the night. Still worth seeing Misty again.



Surgeries
Yesterday morning we were at the hospital bright and early for Adam's surgery. He had his tonsils and adnoids taken out. Not because he has had any sore throats or infections, but because they are naturally so big they were causing a harder time for Adam to breath at night. HE did much better than I expected and is home today doing even better than I thought. Thanks to some great pain meds. :) His biggest complaint and struggle with the day was the IV, oxygen and blood pressure gauges that he was hooked up to all day. I can't even get him to put a bandaid on at home, you can only imagine what kind of torture this was for him. You can see how well they have the IV bandaged around his arm so he can't pull it off. I was amazed at how quickly and how much he was willing to eat. He ate everything that they brought in for him. Yeah! That's a better appetite than we have at home. It was a very long day and we have a few rough days of recovery ahead of us, but I really couldn't have asked for things to go better. Here area few pics from the day.

Waiting to go into surgery in his cute little hospital gown.


First popsickle after waking up.

Eating lunch


Resting and recovering









5 comments:

Rachel Mai said...

Get better soon, sweet boy!!! Jilly, you look great for 19 weeks. Hope things are going well.

kimberly said...

That's great for Jaron!!! Also, I'm glad Adam looks so well in the photos! What a tough little guy!

Amanda said...

Wow poor little Adam. I didn't know he needed surgery. I am so glad he did so well. How are things going pregnancy wise? I guess pretty good to ride 10hours in a car.

Dalling Family said...

Hope you get better soon Adam! Oh what a fun car ride that was... ;)

Mike and Jenn said...

What a trooper! Hopefully, he'll get better soon! Good luck with the recovery and Josh's too. Congrats on the upcoming pink bundle of joy! We're so happy for you.