Monday, October 6, 2008

Playing with Brielle

While Aunt Katie was in the hospital with a new baby, Brielle got to come play at our house for a few days. Adam and Brielle have a relationship like no other. They love each other so much and are so excited to see each other - which lasts maybe 45 seconds. They bring out the worst in each other. We can't figure out if it is because they are so close in age or both only children (until 6 days ago) or both just strong willed. Needless to say, they spend most of their time trying to make sure the other isn't touching anything in the house they feel is important - including furniture. We have worked a lot on sharing, not hitting or pushing and being soft with each other. Many tears and time outs, but I think we are starting to see some progress. They were at their worst when I had them at TGIFriday's for lunch with Kira, Mel and KK. (I had wanted to get pics. with our Harris cousins - but wrestling two 2 year olds through lunch, my camera never left the diaper bag. :) ) Let me just say, I was exhausted by the time I got home.

While they bring out the worst in each other, there is no other person that can get Adam to laugh as much as Brielle can (except for his Daddy). They love and care for each other so much. The cutest thing happened - I had put Brielle down for a nap and found Adam laying next to her rubbing her cheek and patting her back to help her go to sleep - and it was working. Brielle was perfectly comfortable having him next to her and was starting to doze. I wanted to take a picture, but couldn't find my camera in time as I had put it in a safe place when the kids kept trying to take pictures of each other. It took me almost 2 hours to remember where I put it in my haste. :)
Here are a couple of pics from some of our finer moments.

Coloring pictures
Getting into Grandma Tolman's cupboard. They were playing with powdered sugar and brown sugar. They thought they were so funny and kept giggling.
Welcome baby Taylynn! He was so cute and gentle with her. He kept trying to give her toys and other things to play with - it gives us some hope about our own upcoming adjustment period.
What a cutie!


1 comments:

Dalling Family said...

That's cute...thanks for the post. We must be sisters because we both have the same backgound now - good taste!