It is so hard to believe that my 30th birthday has already come and gone. Where has all the time gone? Am I really 30 years old? I can remember being a teenager and thinking about who I would be at 3o years old. My life has definitely not taken the path that I thought I would when at 16, 18 or even 20 years old. But, as I look at my life: where I am now, and the direction we seem to be going, I can't say that I would change anything - at least not the major events in my life. There are, without a doubt, things that I can improve. I have learned many things about myself and testimony through trials that I have had. It is those events and experiences that have shaped me and helped me to become who I am.
It is interesting all the comments one might get when coming up on a milestone like 30. Everything from you are so old to those were the best years of my life. Thirty seems to be the big 3-0. Sometimes a bigger milestone than even 40 or 50. Maybe it's because we are leaving those carefree 20's behind. The years of our early youth. The years of college, late nights, and fewer responsibilities. Although the 20's also seem to be a decade faced with some of the biggest decisions in one's life. I look forward to the next 10 years. Years to spend with my husband and children. Watching our family grow and enjoy the years we have together with them small and at home, as I know before long they will be making their own treks into the world. (This sounds silly I know as our oldest is only 2, but true none the less). These are years I plan to embrace, love and enjoy every minute.
Thanks to my mom, Jen, Theresa, and Katie who took my out for a girls night only to help celebrate my birthday. It has been sooo long since I have only had a night out with girls. Dinner and a movie. The break from the kids and a meal without spills was VERY nice. Although I ate too much and felt sick the rest of the evening.
A great big shout out to my husband for all the love and support he gives to me. He put months into planning my birthday so it would be one to remember. He had planned to take me on a surprise, sunrise hot-air balloon ride. We had to cancel this last week when the company found out that I was expecting and wouldn't take chances taking anyone up who is pregnant. The thought of a private hot air balloon ride with my sweetheart is a great picture, but one we will have to pursue at another time.
Helpless but Hopefull
11 years ago

3 comments:
Beautifully written, Jill. Happy Birthday. We were so young when we first met, huh? It didn't seem that away at the time. :)
Happy Birthday, Jill! I look forward to continue reading about your life and the adventures that are still ahead! :-)
It was a fun night out wasn't it. You are such a great sister! I love you so much!
Post a Comment