Saturday, March 15, 2008

Recipe for the week.

I don't mind cooking. What I hate is trying to figure out what to cook and cooking the same things over and over. So, I thought is would be fun to post a new recipe to try every week, as I know there are many of you our there who have to cook who are in the same dilema. I am going for the simple, easy and yummy recipes. If anyone out there has some recipes they would like to share, send them my way and I'll post them on my blog. We would all love to try them. My goal is one recipe a week.

The first is a recipe that I got from my sister Katie. It is so yummy and so easy to make. We had guests over for dinner and they all loved it.

Salsa Crock Pot Chicken

In a crockpop put together:
2 chicken breasts
3/4 cups salsa
1/2 TBS mustard
1 1/2 TBS brown sugar
1 clove of garlic ( I used 1/4tsp. minced garlic)
salt and pepper

cook on low heat until tender - about 3-4 hours. Serve with rice and sprinkle with cheese. Delicious.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

yum that sound good. I'll have to try it.

Rachel Mai said...

This sounds yummy. I have a friends who just sent out some recipes.

I'll forward you the email. I'm anxious to try some new things too.

marisa said...

I hear you Jill! I don't mind cooking, it's the deciding what to cook that drives me crazy. I try to get Justin to help and he always answers with, "either one is fine". This week I have just given up cooking all together! No not really but it feels like it...